Mt. Everest, the highest mountain peak in the world lies on the border between Nepal and Tibet. Everest has two Base Camps, the northern base camp located at Nepal while the southern at Tibet.
During your Everest Base Camp trek from Tibet, you will stand at 5200 meters on the southern base of Mt. Everest. This trek gives you a clear and sweeping view of Mt. Everest from the Tibetan side.
The Everest Base Camp Trek from Tibet is more accessible for all to undertake because it is not as lengthy and tough as the ideal 14 days Everest Base Camp trek from Nepal.
Highlights of Everest Base Camp Trek from Tibet
- Basum Primary School- This is the Primary School located at 4700 meters, the highest altitude in the world. It lies at Tingri County, Shigatse prefecture.
- Rongbuk monastery- The Monastery at the highest altitude in the world. It lies 20 km below the Everest Base Camp.
- View of 5 highest mountain peaks.
- Everest Base Camp: Mount Everest’s Tibetan side is a kilometer-wide U-shaped valley area.
- The sunset at Mount Everest from Tibet side- From the base camp and other areas of this trek, you can see the sun setting from the west shine on the summit, making a golden triangle. It makes for a magical view.
- Tibetan Buddhist culture and way of life.
|Day 01||Arrival in Kathmandu, Nepal|
|Day 02||Kathmandu sightseeing tour|
|Day 03||Drive to Border and drive to Nyalam|
|Day 04||Rest Day (Acclimatization day) in Nyalam|
|Day 05||Drive to Tingri|
|Day 06||Trek to Lungthang (4510m)|
|Day 07||Trek to Lamna La (5150m)|
|Day 08||Trek to Zommug (4790m)|
|Day 09||Trek to Rongbuk (5000m)|
|Day 10||Acclimatization day in Rongbuk; Else, you can explore Rongbuk region including Rongbuk Glacier|
|Day 11||Trek to EBC and back to Rongbuk followed by a drive to Xegar (4150m)|
|Day 12||Drive to Shigatse|
|Day 13||Sightseeing in Shigatse and drive to Gyantse|
|Day 14||Drive to Lhasa|
|Day 15 and 16||Sightseeing in Lhasa|
|Day 17||Drop to Lhasa airport or Train station for final departure|