– Namobuddha Monastery
– Panoramic view of Mountains, landscape
– A close watch of local Newari people’s lifestyle
Namobuddha (or Namura) is for Tibetans one of the three holiest piligrimge sites south of the Himalaya. According to one Tibetan scribe, the name Namobuddha (“Hail to Buddha”) came into popular usage in the seventeen century, when the superstition took hold that the site’s real name should not be uttered. It’s like a hick version of Swayambhu. The stupa celebrates the compassion of a young Prince (in some versions, the Buddha himself) who encountered a straving tigress about to devour a small child, and offered his own flesh to her –a sacrifice that insured his canonization as a Bodhisattva.
We have private transport pick up from your hotel , for an hour drive to Dhulikhel which offer the wonderful mountain panorama before we set out for a 4 hrs day hiking trip to Namobuddha. Our hike to this holy land is very relaxing and easy. The whole trial winds around beautiful villages, along the foothill, riverbanks, gorgeous rice and millet fields, dense forests, and magnificent panorama of the landscape of the mother earth wrapping this wonderful place.
What is Included
- Airport picks up & drops by tourist vehicle
- Air-conditioned private tourist vehicle.
- English Speaking Hostess.
- All permits and entrance fees along with governmental taxes
- Official expense
What is not Included
- Alcoholic drinks and cold drinks
- Items of a personal nature